Aged Care Facilities
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13 (NIV)
Lutheran Tract Mission (LTM) offers leaflets, text cards and bookmarks for most situations to offer comfort and hope, to give encouragement and bring joy. It is a resource readily available and a way to reach our non-Christian and Christian residents and also the wider community.
The following are some ways that our aged care facilities can use tracts:
- We offer tract racks which can be filled with appropriate resources for your residents and their needs. These can be displayed in the front entrance way or have smaller ones scattered throughout the facility in common or lounge areas. LTM staff are always pleased to help select appropriate tracts for your residents needs. These can be stocked with various topics and types that also residents can use in their letters or cards to children / grandchildren.
- You may wish to appoint a resident to care for their particular rack in their area, and can have them notify a coordinator when new supplies are needed.
- For those with impaired eye-sight, LTM also offers a range of large print leaflets.
- There are a variety of birthday tracts and text cards available, these can be given to a resident either from the facility or other residents can give to each other. This can really build up your community.
- Baptismal birthdays can also be celebrated through an appropriate tract. This can lead to a discussion with the pastor or chaplain for those who may not be baptised.
- Bookmarks with a Christian message can always be used in resident's books and Bibles.
- The Sunday bulletin or newsletter of the facility can be used to advertise new tracts and encourage residents to use them for their needs. Occasionally a new text card or tract could be placed at a resident's plate at meal time, or put on their bed before bedtime. This can really put a smile in one's heart!
- Facility functions or events can be advertised on the back of text cards or leaflets, and can communicate a message of God's love at the same time!
- At your community functions or your facility's fair your may even wish to have a tract stall.
- For the main Christian seasons, church services can be advertised on an appropriate tract and delivered to each resident. (The added information can be printed on a sticker and stuck on the back.)
LTM has over 700 different leaflets/ text cards/ bookmarks written for most situations. How you as an aged care facility use this resource is up to you, but we encourage you to take advantage of it for sharing God's love with your residents and the wider community.
"May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word."
2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 (NIV)