Schools and Tracts
Home Tract Uses Schools and Tracts
Could you talk about Jesus?
"Train children in the right way, and when old, they will not stray." Proverbs 22:6 (NRSV)
"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me for you are God my Saviour, and my hope is in you all day long."
Psalm 25:4-5 (NIV)
The Lutheran Tract Mission (LTM) offers leaflets, text cards and bookmarks for most situations to offer comfort, hope, encouragement and joy. These can be a great way to help reach families in a Christian way in the community
The following are some ways that schools can use tracts as a Christian witness:
- Tracts are a way to give Scripture to both parents and children in a very non-threatening but yet an attractive way.
- We offer tract racks which can be filled with appropriate resources for your school community. These can be displayed in the school office area where parents can also come and browse through the display. This may also lead to uniting the church with the school and using the pastor for further help.
- Birthdays are a wonderful way to share joy with your students and also share how much God loves each of them. There are appropriate birthday card leaflets for all ages.
- Baptismal birthdays can also be celebrated in the classroom. There are leaflets available to celebrate this very special birthday into God's family. This is an ignored anniversary, but such an important one. Discussion about baptism and the importance of it in the child's life can be more easily initiated.
- When learning the Books of the Bible, there are bookmarks available with all the books of the Bible printed on the back which can then be used in their Bible as a bookmark.
- In Christian Studies, stories from the Bible are shared. There are children's leaflets which have been written around many of the well know stories from the Old Testament and many of the stories of Jesus. These can be given to the students to take home to share with their families and so consolidate the child's learning of the story and doing outreach with the family at the same time.
- In special Christian seasons ie) Christmas and Easter, it is wonderful to give each child a card / leaflet which can then go home. A way to again share the Gospel at home.
- When a school knows of family difficulties or needs an appropriate tract can be sent to the family to express care from the school community.
- School events can be advertised on the back of leaflets / text cards, but can also communicate a message of love at the same time.
- Newsletters are a way of sharing what is available in the way of tracts for particular needs and alert the school community to this resource for them.
- You may wish to have a tract stall at your school fair, or other community functions. There are also Mother's and Father's Day leaflets which can be presented at the Mother and Father's Day stalls which can be given to children to then pass on to their parents.
LTM has over 700 different leaflets/ text cards/ bookmarks written for most situations. How you as a school use this resource is up to you, but we encourage you to take advantage of it for sharing God's love with your students and the wider school community.
"Let the little children come to me, ... for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these."
Mark 10:14b (NIV)